Saturday, 28 March 2015 4:15 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — The number of foreign fishermen stranded on several remote eastern Indonesian islands has spiraled to 4,000, including some revealed in an Associated Press investigation to have been enslaved.
Saturday, 28 March 2015 4:02 am
BEIJING, March 27 (Xinhua) — China and Indonesia pledged more infrastructure construction and investment cooperation during a meeting between Premier Li Keqiang and President Joko Widodo Friday.
Saturday, 28 March 2015 3:29 am
MANILA — Indonesia’s Supreme Court has rejected the application of a Filipina on a death row for a judicial review of her case, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Friday.
Saturday, 28 March 2015 12:18 am
Dallas Morning News
About 4000 fishermen stranded on Indonesian islands
Uniontown Herald Standard
This Friday, Nov. 28, 2014 image shows Ngwe Thein, 42, who has been living on an island near Benjina, Indonesia for three years, after being forced to work on a fishing trawler with inadequate food and little or no pay, he said. In the wake of an AP …
Thai junta leader to fight forced labor in fish industry
AP Investigation: Slavery taints global supply of seafood
Agency: 4000 fishermen stranded on some Indonesian islands
Friday, 27 March 2015 4:00 pm
Indonesia has expressed hope that armed conflicts between Saudi Arabia and Yemen will not last long as it can have humanitarian effects, including on hajj pilgrimage.
“Although the Middle East conflict between Saudi Arabia …
- President Jokowi in Hainan to attend Boao forum for Asia – 27 March 2015 3:55 pm
- Indonesia rejects slavery: fishery official – 27 March 2015 3:54 pm
- Indonesia evacuates citizens from Yemen – 27 March 2015 3:52 pm
- Indonesian Eximbank helps finance railway procurement by INKA – 27 March 2015 2:22 pm
- Despite crashes, 2014 was safest year in aviation history – USA TODAY – 27 March 2015 2:16 pm
- Russia eyes growth on Asia-Pacific arms market – Russia Beyond the Headlines – 27 March 2015 2:05 pm
- Tony Abbott with Indonesia’s Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. Source: News Corp … – The Australian – 27 March 2015 1:15 pm
- Indonesia cuts back on SEA Games delegation – 27 March 2015 11:48 am
- After Oil Will Indonesia Become a Net Importer of Gas Too? – Indonesia Investments (press release) (registration) – 27 March 2015 11:29 am
- Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow: Muslim Indonesia Curbs Ale Sales – 27 March 2015 9:46 am